Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yvette and I have wonted to write a bit of poetry and impose some more discipline on ourselves. Yesterday morning we headed out for a longer bike ride and an early start, but this morning we just lay in bed sleeping in, finally rousing ourselves to pen a few lines of poetry:

Sweat - the lubricant and the adhesive
by Neil
It beads on my forehead and carries the day’s dust into my eyes
My soaker hose arms pop out small beads which merge into pools and then an even gloss
My shirt clings to me now, becoming a second sheer sticky skin
Another loosed button invites cooling, but evaporation and humidity are equally matched in this moisture war
I envision a not too far moment of comingled sweat as our bodies slip together
The coolness of a breeze mixed with the heat of passion
But my visions are for the younger - the infatuated
Comfortable reality calls for a shower


Bangkok Monsoon Season
by Yvette
Stinky sauna, sweat seeping into and out of one’s skin
Slippery sidewalks, stones setting sideways, shifting
Storm water rushing, gushing, supplanting sewer smells.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, Vet! Thanks so much for all the newsy-ness! And great poetry! :) I was impressed at how beautiful the porch is where you're staying - and how green the countryside is. It's so beautiful, in a picture, and I can't feel the sweat or bugs so it seems serene and lovely. Love you! Velli

    ReplyDelete